Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Meet Bethany!



Why I craft...I don't think there is anything more exciting than learning a new skill. I love the moment when an idea becomes a design becomes a reality.I love the way something handmade makes you aware of effort, skill, and perfection in imperfection. I like the idea of a world where you can shake the hands that create the things you use and wear. There has never been a time in my life when I wasn't creating something. I have embroidery that my mom had saved from when I was 3.


These days it is generally handbags featuring recycled materials, women's accessories, wool felt bunnies, embellished t-shirts and all manner of paper craft. I also am working on a project to create a new wardrobe using all vintage patterns, and writing for my little craft blog.


In the last few years I have participated in Craftalicious in Santa Cruz and Bazaar Bizarre at the Maker Faire in San Mateo. I have been a guest on DIY's Craft Lab with Jennifer Perkins (from the Austin Craft Mafia) demonstrating gift wrapping techniques and will be on again this spring demonstrating how to use spray paint and power tools and Shrinky Dinks to make egg art. I hope there is never a day when I wake up without the desire to make something.

***

Visit Bethany at her blog Bitter Betty Blogs and at her etsy shop bitterbettyind.etsy.com.