Thursday, April 5, 2007

Meet Carolyn!


Carolyn is a crafter and pastry chef from Berkeley, California. She tells us why she crafts and what inspires her today.


***

Why I craft...I'm a pastry chef by trade falling into baking after college as an art form I could get paid to do. After 25+ year I made a conscious decision to l move out of the kitchen for a while. I love to sew, embroider, knit, crochet, fold paper, cut, embellish glue, bead, you name it I'm never idle. I love all things vintage having a collection of 200+ eggbeaters not to mention all the egg cups and beaded purses-- it's all crazy, I know...So in my hunt vintage things I also look for fabrics that I have turned into handbags, eyeglass cases, coin purses and now embellishing tea towels with it too. I love stitching and use it as an excuse to watch movies and then there's the scraps of paper I play with--cards, collage, boxes. Connecting with other crafters and artists is inspiring.



Visit my crafty blog:



And shop Laughing Duck!