Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Meet Jenn!



Our next crafter profile is Jenn from A Girl Named Rosebud. *Pictures will follow, Blogger is not letting me upload tonight, Boo Hiss!

***
Why do I craft?

Because craft opens up a whole world of possibilites.
Because craft keeps me sane.
Because craft is a whole lot of fun, don't you know?

I have always considered myself to be a creative person. I'm pretty hands-on. I like to make make things. Craft appealed to all those pieces of me. It's fun to look at a piece of paper or a ball of yarn or some large pile of wool in my closet and think, "Well, I'm going to turn it into x, y, or z." Or sometimes it becomes more like a, b, and c. You don't always know how something is going to turn out, and a lot of times, I'm pleasantly surprised.

I started out by doodling and making crazy things out of construction paper as a kid, moved on to making things out clay -- I made a pig for my eighth-grade teacher once -- and then started wielding crochet hooks and knitting needles. I enjoy all craft and am always open to learning something new.

Craft also opened me up to the world of indie crafters, and it has been amazing to see all this talent from all over the world! I'm proud to be part of a diverse and dynamic community and really believe in shopping handmade and indie. And so I try to spread the word as much as possible.

You can find my handmade goodies at my shop, Rosebud Designs (http://www.agirlnamedrosebud.com/), and you can read my indie shopping blog, indie*galore (http://www.indiegalore.com/), where I try to do my part to spread the word about other fantastic crafters and their shops.